Puakea Paddles Hopu 9.4" Hybrid
Hopu meaning "grab" in Hawaiian, this paddle is best for paddlers looking for a solid grab at the catch. Formally known as the "OC6 Hybrid" paddle, this paddle features a larger volume blade design with a double-bend shaft. The very slight scoop on the leading edge of the blade allows it to enter the water cleanly and with more width at the shoulders, this paddle packs a bigger bite at the catch than the original Puakea paddle. At the catch position, the double-bend oval shaft (smaller in diameter than the original Puakea paddle) promotes a comfortable, loose grip and relaxed wrist. The wood shaft is handmade.
Standard sizes: 46-53, Custom sizes: any size lower than 46, any size higher than 53, and half sizes.
- Blade Material: Carbon fiber with a Matte finish
- Shaft Materials: Layered Poplar and Bass wood
- Handle Material: Poplarr wood
- Type: Double Bend Hybrid Paddle
- Color: Carbon fiber with green accent
- Length: 46" to 53" (Custom sizes also available)
- Width: 9.4″ blade
- Weight: approx. 21 oz.
- Surface Area: 113 sq. inches