Puakea Paddles - Maika'i 9.437" Hybrid
Maika’i means "smooth feel" in Hawaiian. With the Puakea Malolo design under a glossy finish, this paddle is big. Ideal for team boats, the Maika’i really shines when the canoe is surging on a wave, or at full race pace. As the canoe goes faster, it becomes increasingly difficult to grab water and accelerate, making this paddle extremely useful at high speed. Like its smaller sibling, Polu, Maika’i has a rounded leading edge creates less impact on the paddler. But with significantly more surface area, has incredible hold and feel. A slight scoop keeps water from cavitating around the blade without sacrificing an efficient exit. At the catch position, the double-bend oval shaft promotes a comfortable, loose grip and relaxed wrist.
Standard sizes: 47-52, Custom sizes: any size lower than 47, any size higher than 52, and half sizes.
- Blade Material: Carbon fiber with a Glossy finish
- Shaft Materials: Layered Poplar and Bass wood
- Handle Material: Poplar wood
- Type: Double Bend Hybrid Paddle
- Colour: Grey Malolo fish design with red accent
- Length: 47" to 52" (Custom sizes also available)
- Width: 9.437" blade
- Weight: approx. 18 oz.
- Surface Area: 115 sq. inches